Save & Share

Bookmark and Share

Friday, October 31, 2008

Learn To Improvise Piano, Improvising Exercises

I recently came across a video of a pianist whowas improvising on the Oprah Winfrey show. I think you should take a look at the video.


What was interesting about this video was Oprah'scomment - she said, "Improvisation is a gift."
I don't know what you think about this comment,but I certainly do not agree with it. I have realized, through my own piano playing and teaching, that improvisation can becultivated and developed over a period of time.
In fact, I receive emails from many of you telling me how much your improvisationaltechniques have improved after taking our piano courses over the years.
Head over to watch this video now.


You will see that she improvised beautifully. Itcertainly took her many years to develop the kinds of styles and techniques that allow her to do so effortlessly, but, it was a skill she developed through practice and not a gift she was born with.
The fact is you too can become a great improviser with practice and the right learning tools.
If it has been a dream of yours to improvise and play beautifully on the piano, our piano courses -Piano Improvisation course
Piano Accompaniment
Sweet Sounds of Jazz
will take your playing to the next level. Remember--you must also practice, applying theknowledge you acquire from the course is the secret to mastering your new found skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interested in improvising blues piano? Try my blog at

http://improvisingpiano.blogspot.com/