Save & Share

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Music Rhythm Worksheets

Do you know the correct way to count a musical piece that is in 6/8 format? Do you know the true meaning of the 6 and 8 in this type of piece?

Through my many years of piano teaching, I have had many students tell me that they do not know the difference between music that is in a 6/4 format verses a piece that is in 6/8. In fact, some of these students have been playing music for over 5 years.

Rhythm is the very pulse of all musical composition. If you do not know how to count and keep track of the rhythm, you are limiting yourself to very few musical pieces. Sometimes, a musical piece can have rhythm changes within the same piece.

A good way to improve on your rhythmic understanding is to study a music theory book and work on the exercises. I have reviewed and recommended the following music rhythm worksheets workbook to my private adult students. You should check it out as well.

Another good way to improve on your rhythm is to listen to different pieces and pay close attention to the meter of each piece. Once you are able to distinguish the meter of each piano piece that you hear, you will have developed a good ear and excellent rhythm.

If you like my blog - feel free to sign up for my piano playing techniques and newsletter (free).
piano lessons

No comments: