Save & Share

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Piano Course Reviews


I recently implemented a new feature to my piano dvd courses - piano course reviews.

piano improvisation Here are a few reviews on definitive piano improv piano course - given by existing customers:

Writen by: Gaile Harpan
Star Rating: 5 stars

Hi Yoke, I just completed DVD #4 and have learned so much already. I really thought I knew all there was to know about chords but realize that it is the key to improvisation and I had short changed it. Your clear, concise teaching skills explain beautifully and I am now enjoying practicing more than ever. You had recommended starting with DVD's first and that helped immensely. When I first got course I started with CD's but switched to DVDs quickly and benefitted from that immensely. Thank you Yoke. I do have a "breath of fresh air" now.


Writen by: David Martin, England
Star Rating: 5 stars
On perusing this course, it's evident from the quality of the resources that there is SO MUCH to be gained. I was immediately "taken in" by Yoke's warmth and her deep sense of caring regarding the development of all keyboard skills for pianists during her practical demonstrations. This is a progressional course and I strongly recommend that no steps are "skipped by" as attention to detail is clear for all to view. Any professional musician that has never got to grips with their keyboard harmony skills and feels they never will, THINK AGAIN! Forget the stuffy and outdated books as research has proved that visual learning is more successful than just by reading musical facts from the printed page. I am totally convinced that this course lives up to its reputation. I look forward to reviewing other courses by Yoke for the European Piano Teachers Association.

David Martin Ex Examiner London College of Music and Media


David also wrote me a little ditty and here it is:

This improvisation course "packs a punch",
Eat if for dinner, breakfast and lunch,
Yoke's musical diet will help you to flow
Your grasp of harmony will grow and grow

Will you take the risk for enhancement of studies
That will change your life and those of Yoke's buddies
Who have purchased this course in harmony skills

That exploits to the full such well thought out drills
Never again will you feel so inept
Think back to the times when you may have wept
At the times you tried to perform by ear

Alas, the picture was so unclear"Jiminy Cricket!"
I hear you say,I can't believe how well I now play
All because of Yoke's detailed plan
To aid all God's children, woman and man.


I love it! Thanks for the write-up, David!
It is cute! You can read more about his reviews on my piano courses.


If you enjoy this post, you will enjoy my piano newsletters!
piano lessons

No comments: