Save & Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Piano Playing Techniques

I recently came across a video of a pianist who was improvising
on the Oprah Winfrey show. I think you should take a look at the
video.




What was interesting about this video was Oprah's comment -
she said, "Improvisation is a gift."

I don't know what you think about this comment, but I certainly do
not agree with it. I have realized, through my own piano playing
and teaching, that improvisation can be cultivated and developed
over a period of time. In fact, I receive emails from many of you
telling me how much your improvisational techniques have
improved after taking our piano course on improvisation.

Head over to watch this video now.


You will see that she improvised beautifully. It certainly took her
many years to develop the kinds of styles and techniques that
allow her to do so effortlessly, but, it was a skill she developed
through practice and not a gift she was born with.

The fact is you too can become a great improviser with practice
and the right learning tools - The Definitive Piano Improvisation
Home Study Course (http://www.playpianotips.com/DVD) is one of
those tools.


Remember--you must also practice, applying the knowledge you
acquire from the course is the secret to mastering your new
found skills.

If you like my blog - feel free to sign up for my piano playing techniques and newsletter (free).
piano lessons

No comments: